sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- 71.2 percent of Californians who are vaccinated with at least one dose
- 56.7 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 87 percent of San Franciscans who are vaccinated with at least one dose
Alaska Airlines is offering to operate military charter flights to help transport families and individuals from Afghanistan once they enter the United States.
Once it’s completed, Microsoft’s Thermal Energy Center will power its Redmond, Washington campus almost entirely through electricity provided by geothermal energy.
LinkedIn Learning’s report of its top 20 most popular classes of 2021 saw four diversity, equity, and inclusion centric courses make the list, including Stacey Gordon’s “Unconscious Bias” at number one.
Salesforce granted equity awards to Slack employees under their Inducement Equity Incentive Plan.
Spotlight Impact Story
Facebook handed out nearly $38 million to four Bay Area affordable housing projects as part of an effort to help address the region and state’s housing crisis. The projects include two in San Jose, one in Sunnyvale, and one in Alameda County. Together, they’ll provide around 486 residences for formerly homeless people and those with extremely low incomes.
Want to be the next Spotlight Impact Story? Become an sf.citi member or learn about our sponsorship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- Mayor Breed announced the expansion of the CityBuild program to now provide 600 local residents over the next two years with the opportunity to learn in-demand skills, receive wraparound services, and job placement assistance in the City’s construction industry.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom, with support from legislative leaders, is requesting $16.7 million to provide cash assistance and other services for newly arriving Afghans in California.
- Governor Newsom joined a group of 10 governors calling to ensure that bold climate investments are a part of the federal comprehensive infrastructure package.
- Governor Newsom signed legislation to bolster California’s Fair Pay to Play Act, the first-in-the-nation law that allows college athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
Since 2007, EnCorps has been recruiting STEM professionals to teaching, providing meaningful opportunities to impact disadvantaged students. EnCorp’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. Join EnCorps STEM Teachers Program and commit to providing quality education to the students who need your mentorship the most. As a STEMx Tutor, you will provide academic assistance to underserved middle school students, currently under-performing in math for two consecutive semesters. With rolling admissions, apply today to become a STEMx Tutor and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing email@example.com.
Comments are closed.