sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- San Francisco 7-day test positivity rate: 8.2
- San Francisco 7-day rolling average new cases per day: 156
- San Francisco 7-day average case rate per 100,000: 10.9
- San Francisco 14-day hospitalization average: 108.2
THE LATEST IN TECH FOR GOOD
Salesforce launched Salesforce Easy, a simplified CRM platform to help businesses increase efficiency and cut costs amid economic uncertainty.
Meta’s Facebook is building a customer-service division to help users of its social networks who have had posts or accounts removed unexpectedly.
Cruise takes on the issues of safety, accessibility, and sustainability and in doing so, wants to transform cities themselves.
Waymo and Daimler will start testing autonomous trucks between Dallas and Phoenix on public roadways.
Spotlight Impact Story
As part of a years-long research project at Google’s Jigsaw on the efficacy of using video to “inoculate” people against misinformation on social media, Jigsaw and YouTube will start blanketing Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic with a series of video ads designed to help people identify and refute derogatory tropes about migrants. The idea is that there will never be enough fact-checkers in the world to correct all of the lies online. But there may be a way to build people’s defenses against those lies.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- The California Air Resources Board (CARB) approved a rule requiring 100 percent of new car sales in California to be zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) by 2035.
- Governor Newsom announced that the Homekey project awarded $694 million for 35 projects, creating more than 2,500 new homeless housing units statewide.
- As a part of the K-16 Education Collaborative Grant Program, California awarded $54 million in grants to bolster the K-16 education-to-career pipeline.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
Youth Advocates for Change is a youth-led nonprofit with a mission to impact the next generation of changemakers through arts and creativity. They believe students are best engaged when they can showcase their talents and passions. This is why they modeled their organization to fit the needs of those who care about intersectional social justice issues and creative arts. Every student deserves a safe space to cultivate impactful projects and events to help their community. Learn more about Youth Advocates for Change by exploring their past projects and events, applying for their scholarship, or supporting their mission here.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.