sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- San Francisco 7-day test positivity rate: 12.6%
- San Francisco 7-day rolling average new cases per day: 336
- San Francisco 7-day average case rate per 100,000: 26.6
- San Francisco 14-day hospitalization average: 138.4
Microsoft announced that it successfully tested a hydrogen fuel cell system, which it hopes can replace its traditional diesel-powered generator at large data centers.
Meta committed $150 million to its Oversight Board, sending a vote of confidence in the board’s work to apply content standards that protect freedom of expression and human rights.
Instacart expanded its Electronic Benefits Transfer and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (EBT SNAP) payments program to ten more states.
Verizon finalized a $495 million deal from the Department of Defense to support the department’s research and high-performing computing facilities.
Alaska Airlines is serving new vegan and plant-based options for travelers in all cabins seeking fresh, healthy meal options.
Spotlight Impact Story
Pinterest announced its strategic investment in Black tech talent through a multiyear, multimillion-dollar partnership with /dev/color—a global career accelerator for Black software engineers, technologists, and executives. The partnership will help the organizations align their goals to advance inclusivity and diversity by building a workforce representative of our world and where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Want to be the next Spotlight Impact Story? Become an sf.citi member or learn about our sponsorship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- The federal government agreed to San Francisco’s request to pause transfers and discharges at Laguna Honda Hospital.
- San Francisco declared a local public health emergency for Monkeypox, strengthening the City’s preparedness and responses to the virus.
- Mayor Breed signed a $14 billion budget that prioritizes economic recovery, public safety, workers and families, homelessness, and behavioral health needs.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom convened local water agencies and associations to urge them to continue driving conservation efforts and provide more real-time data on water usage.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
10,000 Degrees is a college success nonprofit that supports students from low-income backgrounds to and through college in San Francisco and six other Bay Area counties. The organization serves more than 12,000 students and their families each year with comprehensive wraparound support, college and financial aid counseling, near-peer alumni coaching, scholarships, and financial aid management. Learn more about programs and partnerships at 10,000 Degrees or how you can support the organization here.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing email@example.com.
Comments are closed.