sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- San Francisco 7-day test positivity rate: 11.4
- San Francisco 7-day rolling average new cases per day: 271
- San Francisco 7-day average case rate per 100,000: 22
- San Francisco 14-day hospitalization average: 132.2
sf.citi members Meta and Google joined other big tech companies in filing a brief with the Supreme Court signaling support for affirmative action programs at Harvard.
Salesforce and Revature expanded their partnership to build a talent pipeline trained and certified in Salesforce B2B Commerce Cloud.
Funding Circle launched a new partnership with DreamSpring to increase access to funding for small business owners in underserved communities across the nation.
Google awarded $10 million and provided pro bono support to Bay Area nonprofits to test the impact of cash transfers on housing stability for individuals experiencing homelessness.
Spotlight Impact Story
LinkedIn has published its listing of the 20 most popular LinkedIn Learning courses over the first half of 2022. In addition, LinkedIn is also making each of these courses free to access until the end of August—so now may be the best time to jump in and brush up on the latest, rising skills in your industry.
Want to be the next Spotlight Impact Story? Become an sf.citi member or learn about our sponsorship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- The City started construction on Bayfront Park in Mission Bay, a planned 5.4-acre open space between the Chase Center and San Francisco Bay.
- The City opened Victoria’s House, a 12-month rehabilitation center for individuals with severe behavioral health conditions and substance use disorders.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom signed legislation to invest $1.65 billion in the state’s Film & Television Tax Credit program to extend the vital program five years.
- Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency to bolster the state’s response and vaccination efforts for Monkeypox.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
The Shipyard Trust for the Arts (STAR) is the nonprofit organization of the Hunters Point Shipyard Artists, a studio community of more than 300 working artists and musicians in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood. STAR’s mission revolves around the large and diverse community of visual artists, musicians, and writers working in studios at the Hunters Point Shipyard for more than 30 years. Keeping the studios affordable, facilitating arts education and exhibitions that involve local community members, and promoting programs and activities. Explore STAR’s art programs—for all ages and experience levels—or learn about their events here.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.