sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- 80.8 percent of Californians who are vaccinated with at least one dose
- 73 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 81 percent of San Franciscans who are vaccinated with at least one dose
Airbnb, Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Twitter, and Uber joined dozens of other companies to sign onto the new Catalyze Tech initiative, which focuses on ways to improve DEI efforts in tech.
Microsoft announced plans to work with community colleges across the United States to fill 250,000 cybersecurity jobs over the next four years and provide 25,000 scholarships.
Twitter joined other Fortune 1000 companies in committing to the Robert F. Smith, Goalsetter initiative to help a million Black and LatinX youth become shareholders.
As a part of its path toward its zero-emissions goal, Uber announced that it will offer up to 50,000 Teslas to its drivers through a Hertz rental deal.
Verizon partnered with Amazon to use their satellite system, Project Kuiper, to tackle the digital divide in rural areas by expanding rural broadband access.
Spotlight Impact Story
Just ahead of COP26, the UN climate change conference in Glasgow, Salesforce announced two new, natural climate solutions: a global tree equity and urban reforestation initiative in partnership with American Forests, One Tree Planted, and SUGi; and a blue carbon program to protect and restore oceans and coastal ecosystems. In addition, Marc and Lynne Benioff and Salesforce announced a $300 million investment to accelerate 1T.org—a global movement to restore, conserve and grow one trillion trees by 2030—and advance climate justice initiatives.
Want to be the next Spotlight Impact Story? Become an sf.citi member or learn about our sponsorship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- San Francisco City Employee Vaccination Rate is now at Nearly 98%.
- Mayor Breed launched ClimateSF, a comprehensive multi-agency effort to guide San Francisco’s climate resilience efforts.
- Mayor Breed launched CHANGE SF, a new mental healthcare workforce development program for youth and young adults put on by UCSF and the City’s Opportunities for All initiative.
- Mayor Breed announced the reopening of the Abigail Hotel as a Step Up Housing site that’ll provide 59 units of permanent housing for adults transitioning from supportive housing.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom and the U.S. Department of Transportation announced a strategic partnership on a supply chain infrastructure program to create long-term stability.
- Governor Newsom announced that the U.S. Small Business Administration approved federal disaster assistance for businesses impacted by the recent oil spill.
- The Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup completed its review of the federal process and has recommended a booster dose for recipients of the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
Since 1970, Meals on Wheels San Francisco (MOWSF) has provided a network of services that allows thousands of seniors to live in their homes with dignity and independence as long as possible. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, MOWSF is looking for help to craft holiday cards to be given to homebound older San Francscians alongside their special Thanksgiving meals. Your personal messages and greetings will mean the world to a senior who may be alone for the Thanksgiving holiday. Find out how you can craft and mail your holiday cards here.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.