sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- 72.2 percent of Californians who are vaccinated with at least one dose
- 58.2 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 87 percent of San Franciscans who are vaccinated with at least one dose
The Comcast RISE Investment Fund awarded its second round of grants, providing $6 million in grants to small businesses owners of color as part of ongoing efforts to advance equitable economic mobility in cities nationwide.
Facebook is taking a more aggressive approach to shut down coordinated groups of real-user accounts engaging in certain harmful activities on its platform.
LinkedIn announced its new Creator Accelerator Program, which will launch with a $25 million creator fund to bring more creators to the platform.
Spotlight Impact Story
Verizon partnered with the advisory firm Next Street to launch a small business support program to take on digital inequality, with a focus on women- and BIPOC-owned businesses in under-resourced communities. The Verizon Small Business Digital Ready online curriculum is designed to give small businesses the tools they need to thrive in today’s digital economy, including access to personalized learning plans, coaching from experts, and networking opportunities with diverse, industry-specific businesses.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- Mayor Breed issued an Executive Directive to the Department of Building Inspection requiring the department to prevent misconduct, increase transparency, improve processes, and make providing services more effective.
- Mayor Breed launched the Storefront Vandalism Relief Grant program, which will provide local businesses up to $2,000 in financial relief to repair storefront vandalism.
- San Francisco opened four new vaccination sites at SFUSD schools to further support vaccination among eligible individuals in schools and the surrounding community.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom signed historic legislation to fight the housing crisis that will expand housing production, streamline housing permitting, and increase density in California.
- Governor Newsom issued a proclamation declaring September 15 to October 15, 2021, as Latino Heritage Month in the state of California.
- The Newsom Administration awards nearly $138 million in fire prevention grants to build resilience and help protect local communities across the state.
- California’s COVID-19 Rent Relief Program reached a major milestone, with more than $1 billion in rent and utility assistance paid or approved for payment.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
For more than a half-century, Save The Bay has given the San Francisco Bay a voice, fighting climate change, educating policymakers, and mobilizing thousands of residents to protect and restore the Bay for future generations. This October, Save the Bay invites you to join the 6th annual Bay Day Trail Challenge by doing the 25-Mile Challenge or completing five activities to create your own Bay Day adventure. Register on your own or form a team to connect, explore, and discover the San Francisco Bay this fall.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.