sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- San Francisco 7-day test positivity rate: 13.8
- San Francisco 7-day rolling average new cases per day: 372
- San Francisco 7-day average case rate per 100,000: 28.1
- San Francisco 14-day hospitalization average: 131.6
Google helped raise a $250 million investment into nuclear fusion startup TAE Technologies—a type of energy often referred to as the holy grail of clean energy.
Funding Circle is partnering with Codeweekend to fill a number of software recruitment roles with Afghan coders.
Microsoft launched its Cloud for Sovereignty, a new solution for public sector customers who need to be able to guarantee that their users’ data is stored and processed in a given region.
LinkedIn expanded its Creator Accelerator Program, a 6-week program that provides participants with a $12K stipend and helps them improve their LinkedIn skills.
Whether you like it or not, sexting is a common element of modern teen interaction, so Meta released a new guide to help parents talk to their kids about these risky practices.
Spotlight Impact Story
According to Meta’s annual diversity report, the company’s workforce grew more diverse as it embraced remote work. The report found that remote job offers were more likely to be filled by people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans. These results translated into slight jumps in the share of Black, Hispanic, multiracial, and Asian employees in Meta’s U.S. workforce. Leaders at the company also became more diverse, with the share of Black and Hispanic managers increasing by less than half a percentage point, and the share of women leaders rising by more than one percentage point to 36.7 percent.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Modeled after Texas’ abortion law upheld by SCOTUS, Governor Newsom signed the nation’s first legislation allowing individuals to sue those spreading illegal guns.
- Governor Newsom outlined new targets and requested actions to accelerate progress on the state’s 2030 climate goals and get to carbon neutrality no later than 2045.
- Governor Newsom signed gun safety legislation that improves school campus safety, restricts gun possession of convicted individuals, and better regulates firearm sales.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
Healers Without Borders is a San Francisco nonprofit committed to helping those less fortunate in the community with life’s necessities. The organization is united under a set of common goals to reach a hand to marginalized individuals, meeting them where they are and providing the compassionate resources necessary to grow beyond and flourish on a new course, celebrating their individual transformations. This outreach includes simple things like hygiene essentials, warm clothes, blankets, food, and even friendship, which can make all the difference. Find out how to partner or donate to Healers Without Borders here.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.