sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- 49.8 percent of Californians who are vaccinated with at least one dose
- 62 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 81 percent of San Franciscans who are vaccinated with at least one dose
As a part of its commitment to being carbon negative by 2030, Microsoft launched its newest sustainable datacenter region in Arizona.
Verizon has made preparations to ensure the network is ready to support first responders and its customers during wildfire season.
Pinterest shared their latest research report that looked into emerging trends and identified key habitual shifts as we look to a post-COVID future
Spotlight Impact Story
Intuit launched the second annual Intuit Prosperity Accelerator: AI, powered by Highline Beta. This version of the accelerator will be a five-month program that aims to leverage the power of AI to advance the financial prosperity of consumers and businesses in North America. Intuit invites global tech startups with AI-driven solutions to apply by August 31, 2021.
Want to be the next Spotlight Impact Story? Become an sf.citi member or learn about our sponsorship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- Mayor Breed appointed 25 members to the City’s newly restructured LGBTQI+ Advisory Committee, which will focus on the priorities, policies, and funding needs of LGBTQI+ populations.
- As a part of the “Vaccinate at the Plate” campaign, the City’s Department of Public Health is partnering with the San Francisco Giants to get as many residents vaccinated against COVID-19 as possible.
- Mayor Breed and Supervisor Mandelman introduced legislation to expand LGBTQ data collection for City employees and applicants.
- Mayor Breed announced the opening of the Post Hotel, a new permanent supportive housing complex that created 89 units of housing for formerly homeless adults.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom and legislative leaders announced a proposed extension of California’s statewide eviction moratorium and an increase in compensation for the state’s rent relief program.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
San Francisco’s Civic Bridge creates a collaborative space for City staff and private-sector experts to join forces and tackle critical government challenges together. Their pro bono program matches teams of company volunteers with City Departments to work on well-scoped projects. Teams work part-time over 16 weeks to help create tangible solutions to real challenges. If your organization is interested in expanding your employee volunteering opportunities or you want to lead an employee team with your employer for the next cohort, please fill out the program interest form by Friday, July 2.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.