sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
WHAT WE’RE UP TO
Last week, sf.citi launched our June 2022 San Francisco Voter Guide. With explanations and recommendations for all eight local ballot measures, the sf.citi Voter Guide is your go-to election resource to seamlessly navigate the June ballot. Explore the Voter Guide here.
- 75.1 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 59 percent of Californians who are boosted
- 88 percent of San Franciscans who are fully vaccinated
22 internet providers, including sf.citi members AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon, committed to expanding the Affordable Connectivity Program and improving subsidized high-speed internet.
Airbnb launched a Trust and Safety Advisory Coalition to counsel the company on human trafficking, child safety, fire safety, privacy and online safety, mental health, and more.
Google announced that Google Translate added 24 new languages, including its first indigenous languages of the Americas.
AT&T launched SASE with Cisco Meraki to provide businesses of nearly any size and industry with a powerful tool that protects them from malicious web-based attacks.
Verizon partnered with leading U.K. health technology company Visionable to open a technology-led center dedicated to accelerating connected healthcare.
Spotlight Impact Story
At its annual Microsoft Ability Summit, Microsoft announced plans to roll out an “ecosystem of adaptive accessories” aimed at making it easier for people with disabilities to use computers. This latest collection of adaptive devices includes an adaptive mouse, adaptive hub, and adaptive buttons, all of which are fully customizable.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- Through the Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership Program, the City received $3.9 million in federal funding to renovate Buchanan Street Mall.
- The City’s Community Challenge Grant Program awarded funding for 19 community-led beautification and greening projects in neighborhoods across San Francisco.
- Mayor Breed appointed Matt Dorsey to serve as the next District 6 Supervisor, replacing the now Assemblymember Matt Haney.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom presented a $300.7 billion budget proposal that provides a blueprint to pave the California way forward.
- Governor Newsom announced an $18.1 billion inflation relief package to get money into the pockets of Californians.
- California’s Office of Cradle-to-Career Data achieved an early milestone with the announcement of a multi-agency data sharing agreement.
- California secured federal assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to support the state’s response to the Coastal Fire in Orange County.
- Governor Newsom announced a Reproductive Health Package to strengthen protections, expand access, and welcome companies from anti-abortion states.
- Governor Newsom bolstered Homekey funding by $150 million and announced $166 million in seven new Homekey projects.
- Governor Newsom advanced a $10 billion zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) package, which will expand ZEV access and affordability and support the build-out of infrastructure.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
San Francisco Village is a nonprofit membership organization that connects older San Franciscans to the community, resources, and expertise they need to live independently in the places they call home. They advocate for innovative, community-based solutions to improve quality of life and expand choices at all stages of aging, empowering older adults to sustain independence through community, and remain in charge of their lives as they age. Get involved with and support San Francisco Village by learning more about their programming, membership, or fundraising.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing email@example.com.