sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
WHAT WE’RE UP TO
How have social impact leaders navigated the challenges presented by the pandemic and increasingly remote world? Join sf.citi on February 17 for our upcoming Scaling Social Impact event with Twitter, Okta, Cruise, and 826 Valencia to find out. Register here!
- 72.9 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 53.3 percent of Californians who are boosted
- 90 percent of San Franciscans who are fully vaccinated
Uber and CVS Health announced a new partnership to provide patients in underserved areas with free rides to medical care, work, or education.
Salesforce published its new Global Digital Skills Index, revealing a growing global digital skills crisis and an urgent need for action.
Intuit launched new fintech products that will provide small businesses and their employees faster access to their money to give them greater cash flow flexibility.
Verizon updated its online coverage map with its new “ultra wideband” C-Band 5G, covering more than 90 million Americans under its new system.
LinkedIn launched a new promotional campaign that focuses on the changing work environment, and how people are looking to adjust to the “new normal” in their careers.
Spotlight Impact Story
Google’s philanthropy arm, Google.org, provided the AARP Foundation with a $10 million grant to fund an initiative that provides technology and digital skills training to low-income older workers ages 50 and up. The initiative will target 25,000 people—with a focus on women and people of color—and is set to begin in the following states over the next two years: Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Texas.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- Mayor Breed proposed a measure to allocate $22.5 million to the Fire and Police departments to ensure critical services continue through the end of the fiscal year.
- Mayor Breed announced that the interim director of the Department of Building Inspection (DBI), Patrick O’Riordan, will permanently lead the department.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom signed the California Equal Pay Pledge, an initiative to close the gender pay gap, and announced the creation of a new Chief Equity Officer position.
- Governor Newsom and legislative leaders announced they reached an agreement on a framework to extend supplemental paid sick leave through the end of September.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
The Bay Area CFO of the Year Awards, presented by Larkin Street Youth Services in partnership with the San Francisco Business Times, has raised nearly $6 million to benefit Larkin Street’s work to end youth homelessness while honoring financial leaders from corporations and organizations including Salesforce, Google, Gilead, and California Academy of Sciences. CFO of the Year Finalists will be announced in June and the winners will be announced at the dinner and awards on September 20. Nominate a CFO who has made outstanding contributions to their company’s performance as well as to the greater Bay Area business community here!
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing email@example.com.