sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
- 14.5 percent of Californians who are vaccinated with at least one dose
- 41.5 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 80.2 percent of San Franciscans who are vaccinated with at least one dose
Pinterest announced a new goal to increase the number of employees from underrepresented races and ethnicities to 20 percent from 12 percent and women in leadership roles to 36 percent from 30 percent by 2025.
Salesforce, Okta, and Spotify have radically transformed their offices with innovative design concepts to meet the needs of a hybrid workplace model.
Spotlight Impact Story
With hiring numbers returning to pre-pandemic levels and the economy steadily recovering, the 2021 graduating class has plenty of room to be optimistic about the future. To help these graduates take the first step into this recovering economy, LinkedIn unveiled their 2021 Grad’s Guide to Getting Hired, featuring workforce trends and insights, like which jobs and skills are most in demand right now, to help set graduates up for success as they start their career journey.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- Mayor Breed proposed the creation of a new Street Overdose Response Team (SORT) to help stem the rise of overdose deaths in the City.
- San Francisco will use $16.2 million from the General Fund to backfill the loss of hotel taxes and fill the gap in the arts budget due to the pandemic.
- San Francisco will receive 887 new Emergency Housing Vouchers which will help up to 1,000 people in need of housing.
- Mayor Breed announced the Mid-Market Vibrancy and Safety Plan to create a safer and more welcoming environment downtown as the City reopens.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom issued an executive order to assist communities recovering from devastating wildfires last year by extending the state’s prohibition on price gouging.
- Governor Newsom announced the launch of the state’s new Employer Vaccination Toolkit to make it more convenient for working Californians to get the vaccine.
- Governor Newsom signed legislation to fast-track key housing and economic development projects by extending expedited CEQA reviews to more projects.
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
The Housing Action Coalition (HAC) is a nonprofit that advocates for building more homes at all levels of affordability to help alleviate the Bay Area and California’s severe housing shortage, displacement, and affordability crisis. They do this by educating, activating, and collaborating with neighbors and decision makers to win approval for building new homes and enact pro-housing reforms to make building faster, easier, and more affordable. Support them this Wednesday at their 15th Annual Spring Symposium to hear Mayors London Breed, Sam Liccardo, and Libby Schaff, and HUD Senior Advisor Richard Cho discuss the Bay Area’s housing challenges and solutions.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.