sf.citi is committed to providing you ongoing updates about the latest community news and resources from the San Francisco tech industry and beyond.
Was this email forwarded to you or viewed on our website? Sign up here to receive sf.citi’s weekly Community Update directly in your inbox.
WHAT WE’RE UP TO
San Francisco election season is in full swing as the City prepares for its third election of the year. At sf.citi, we understand how hard it is to keep up with one election in a year, let alone three. To give you an early glimpse and ease you into the next election, check out our guide to the June 7, 2022 election here.
- 75.2 percent of Californians who are fully vaccinated
- 58.2 percent of Californians who are boosted
- 87 percent of San Franciscans who are fully vaccinated
Verizon raised the minimum wage of its new and existing customer service, retail, and inside sales employees to $20 an hour.
Comcast invested $1 million in Backstage Capital to fund and champion early-stage startups led by women, people of color, and/or LGBTQ+ founders.
Ahead of Earth Day, Meta shared new efforts towards its sustainability goals and made it easier to learn about and take action against climate change across its family of apps.
Spotlight Impact Story
Salesforce announced that it will launch its first-ever “pre-internship” program called Futureforce Tech Launchpad. The program is designed to recruit rising college juniors from underrepresented backgrounds in partnership with CodePath, a non-profit focused on increasing diversity in the tech industry. Starting with a cohort of 25 pre-interns, the program will take a preemptive approach that upskills employees for technical roles two years before they even receive their bachelor’s degrees.
Want to be the next Spotlight Impact Story? Become an sf.citi member or learn about our sponsorship opportunities.
SAN FRANCISCO AT A GLANCE
- Mayor Breed appointed Pau Crego to serve as Executive Director of the Office of Transgender Initiatives (OTI).
- City Awarded $4.5 Million to Support Equity Program and Further Support Cannabis Business Owners.
CALIFORNIA AT A GLANCE
- Governor Newsom and China renewed a Memorandum of Understanding to protect the environment, reduce carbon emissions and air pollution, and promote clean energy.
- Governor Newsom Joins Groundbreaking for World’s Largest Wildlife Crossing as State Launches Nature-Based Strategies to Fight Climate Change and Protect Biodiversity
- Governor Newsom Proclaims Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide 2022
SUPPORT OUR SAN FRANCISCO COMMUNITY
From April 21 through April 30, the Science and Health Education Partnership at UCSF is pleased to organize the Bay Area Science Festival in collaboration with Bay Area universities, museums, cultural institutions, libraries, corporations, after-school groups, research labs, and government agencies. The main event, Discovery Day, takes place on April 30 at Cal State East Bay Hayward with more than 50 ways to experience the wonders of science through hands-on science experiments, games, and demonstrations. Learn how you can participate in the festival by seeing the event details and full schedule here.
Would you like to be featured in a future sf.citi community update? Tell us about your work in San Francisco by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.