2020 POLICY AGENDA > Regulation of the Tech Sector
sf.citi supports a collaborative, multi-sector approach to tech regulation in San Francisco. We are dedicated to maintaining San Francisco’s status as the world’s leading center of innovation by working with the City and other stakeholders to promote tech regulation that assures industry growth and success while balancing the needs of all San Franciscans.
- sf.citi supports the San Francisco Office of Emerging Technology in employing an agile permitting process to deploy new technologies and encourages further collaboration between the public and private sector in an effort to generate reasonable tech regulation for future technologies in San Francisco.
- sf.citi supports efforts to promote safe and reasonable research and development opportunities for emerging technology.
- sf.citi supports establishing an economy-wide, uniform policy on data privacy across each level of government that strikes an appropriate balance between privacy and prosperity.
- sf.citi encourages efforts to modernize labor laws in order to support the needs of an evolving workforce while maintaining the autonomy and flexibility that come with 21st-century employment.
- sf.citi stands for a thoughtful approach to data sharing and collaboration while protecting the proprietary nature of competitive intelligence, ensuring that collaboration doesn’t risk innovation.