2020 POLICY AGENDA > Homelessness and Safety
Homelessness and Safety
As a San Francisco-based organization, sf.citi supports efforts that address and aim to eliminate homelessness—a crisis that affects all San Franciscans and visitors alike.
- sf.citi believes in the right to shelter for all San Franciscans and those experiencing homelessness through the expansion of shelter availability, step-housing units, homeless housing units, and housing subsidies.
- sf.citi supports creative approaches by the City and its partners in how they handle the wide variety of issues presented to those experiencing homelessness, including but not limited to safe injection sites, expanded conservatorship laws, the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing’s Online Navigation and Entry (ONE) system, and partnerships such as the one between Larkin Street Youth Services and Goodwill to implement the first Transitional Aged Youth Housing center for young people experiencing homelessness.
- sf.citi supports Mayor Breed’s agenda on homelessness to ensure the City has the resources and effective policies in place to house and provide services to all residents experiencing homelessness.
- sf.citi recognizes the nexus between mental health, addiction, and homelessness and supports comprehensive mental health care reform through measures like Mental Health SF, which will provide wrap-around services to support some of the City’s most vulnerable.
- sf.citi supports efforts to address and eliminate homelessness in San Francisco through a citywide approach, including initiatives to build navigation centers in each district and supporting the All In campaign to house those experiencing homelessness in each district through evidence-based models of housing.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Drama & Hope in San Francisco
Like many of you, the sf.citi team was in a state of shock and heartbreak when we saw the bombshell... read more →May 5, 2022
Tough Decisions Ahead For San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO 2022 ELECTION SEASON PART 3 As the District 17 Assembly election wrapped up this week, all of... read more →April 21, 2022
Presenting sf.citi’s 2022 Policy Priorities
sf.citi 2022 POLICY PRIORITIES Each year, the sf.citi team works closely with our Policy Advisory Committee to identify and... read more →April 7, 2022
SF business leaders support city tax reform effort
Opinion piece about San Francisco’s GRT tax reform co-authored by Jennifer Stojkovic and Rodney Fong, President and CEO of the... read more →February 7, 2020
Testing tech ideas in public? San Francisco says get permit
Tired of San Francisco streets being used as a testing ground for the latest delivery technology and transportation apps, city... read more →December 10, 2019
Tech steps up to help California’s housing crisis. Will government follow?
Over the last six months, Apple, Facebook, and Google have collectively pledged $4.5 billion to aid California’s housing crisis. sf.citi... read more →December 4, 2019