Digital Equity and Workforce Development
sf.citi firmly believes that all San Franciscans should have full and equal access to technology and opportunities to participate in the digital economy. We strive to build productive public-private partnerships with the city and nonprofit community to help San Francisco reach its goal of eliminating the digital divide. sf.citi also supports all facets of upward mobility within the tech industry and encourages pathways to connect disenfranchised communities to the many opportunities within the tech sector in San Francisco.
- sf.citi supports proactive initiatives that allow for advancement in technology-related opportunities in SFUSD classrooms, programs, and overall schooling experience – including but not limited to the SFUSD Computer Science for All initiative, participation in San Francisco’s “Opportunities for All” initiative, and more
- sf.citi supports efforts to increase pathways into the technology industry for all residents alike – including adults looking to build skills applicable to technology careers and – through fellowships, apprenticeships, and job programs/initiatives made available by member companies both internally and in partnership with the City and County of San Francisco
- sf.citi supports efforts to invest in underserved communities through the guise of larger coalition building between private stakeholders, businesses, nonprofits, and community organizations, such as The Partnerships for Hope SF and other public/private collaborations, that effectively create a professional pathway between communities of concern and the tech industry while identifying best ways to connect opportunities to needs
- sf.citi encourages efforts to combat the digital divide, including but not limited to reducing the barrier for traditionally underrepresented communities and seniors in accessing, engaging with, and understanding modern technology
- sf.citi supports initiatives that empower the local small business community and promote the economic vitality and diversity of the city as a whole