2021 POLICY AGENDA > Homelessness
As a San Francisco-based organization, sf.citi supports efforts that address and aim to eliminate homelessness—a crisis that affects all San Franciscans.
- sf.citi believes in the right to shelter for all San Franciscans and those experiencing homelessness through the expansion of shelter availability, step-housing units, homeless housing units, housing subsidies, and Governor Newsom’s Project Homekey Initiative.
- sf.citi supports creative approaches by the City and its partners in handling the wide variety of issues presented to those experiencing homelessness, including but not limited to safe injection sites, enforcing and expanding conservatorship laws, the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing’s Online Navigation and Entry (ONE) system, Larkin Street Youth Services’ Transitional Aged Youth Housing center for young people experiencing homelessness, and the SF LGBT Center’s Host Homes program, which matches homeless youth with available families.
- sf.citi supports Mayor Breed’s agenda on homelessness and her commitment to creating 1,000 shelter beds to ensure the City has the resources and effective policies in place to house and provide services to all residents experiencing homelessness, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- sf.citi recognizes the nexus between mental health, addiction, and homelessness and supports comprehensive mental health care reform through measures like Mental Health SF, which will provide wrap-around services to support some of the City’s most vulnerable.
- sf.citi supports efforts to address and eliminate homelessness in San Francisco through a citywide approach and supports the All In campaign to house those experiencing homelessness in each district through evidence-based models of housing.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Opinion piece about San Francisco’s GRT tax reform co-authored by Jennifer Stojkovic and Rodney Fong, President and CEO of the... read more →February 7, 2020
Tired of San Francisco streets being used as a testing ground for the latest delivery technology and transportation apps, city... read more →December 10, 2019
Over the last six months, Apple, Facebook, and Google have collectively pledged $4.5 billion to aid California’s housing crisis. sf.citi... read more →December 4, 2019
On August 28, sustainability-minded San Franicscans from all over the City gathered at the California Academy of Sciences for the... read more →September 4, 2019
CORPORATE GREENING: BUILDING SUSTAINABLE COMPANIES What are today’s companies doing to go green? Find out on August 28th as sf.citi... read more →August 8, 2019